It was the vision of three prominent 1930's North Branch businessmen, along with the Village Council to build a municipal power plant to ensure that the community had a reliable source of electricity. It took three years from the start of their investigation into a municipal power plant, to the completion of that plant. On March 17, 1941 the North Branch Municipal power plant was in business.
Today that business has grown to serve approximately 1950 electric customers as well as about 1900 water customers. The investments made in the electric and water departments allow the utility to provide safe, reliable and abundant resources to our community now, and for years of growth to come.